Learn about the many factors shaping tomorrow’s working world, and create your future by planning the direction of your career. Get prepared to forge a career in the workplace of the future. The workplace of the future offers new challenges and opportunities, shaped by technological change and trends towards globalisation.
We’ll help you to identify and progress towards clearly defined career goals – whether you’re already employed or looking to start your career.
In the first week, we’ll review the key global changes impacting the world of work. In the second week, we’ll focus on what these changes may mean for future careers. We’ll cover the implications of radical new developments like 3D printing, the Internet of Things, cryptocurrencies and the Circular Economy.
What topics will you cover?
– Lessons from historical “technological revolutions”
– Implications of the digital economy for the nature and location of work
– Winners and losers in the digital workplace
– How social changes are shaping the workplace of tomorrow
– The changing relationship between our digital and physical workspaces
– Entrepreneurial opportunities in the digital economy
– Skills required for success in the digital workplace and how they can be acquired
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
– Explore a variety of contemporary business challenges and understand the skills that will be required for career success in this environment
– Identify new career, entrepreneurial and social enterprise opportunities that are presented by contemporary business challenges
– Identify your learning needs and determine how you will address these in order to enhance career opportunities
– Describe your personal competencies and attributes (skills, abilities, knowledge, career motivations), and the value these offer to a potential employer
ENROLL IN COURSE