This course aims to improve your Business English language skills by developing your vocabulary and reading skills and your understanding of tone, style and knowledge of communication methods. We’ll also cover how these language skills can enhance audience analysis, business case analysis and basic business communication strategies. Skills learned in this course will often be referred to and needed to complete the speaking, writing and cross-cultural communications courses of this Specialization.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
– describe things and events in the context of Business English
– make requests in the context of Business English
– support arguments in the context of Business English
– use appropriate tone and style according to the context of Business English
– conduct an audience analysis
– match audience with the purpose and medium of communication
– analyse and summarise business data
This Specialization will introduce non-native speakers of English to methods for developing English language and communication skills for the workplace, doing business, cross-cultural understanding, and business case study analysis. You’ll apply these skills in the final Capstone Project by analysing a current business case study and providing recommendations to a target audience in both presentation and written formats.
ENROLL IN COURSE