Critical thinking is a vital skill for university study whatever your discipline. Prepare for university now. Make sure you have the critical thinking skills required for university. Critical thinking is a vital skill at university and later in life. University study introduces you to new concepts, ways of learning and requires you to think critically. You need to know how to question information sources and how to evaluate different arguments.
Despite critical thinking being so important, students are often unprepared when they start their studies. This course will show you what critical thinking skills you need at university level, how they can be applied to different disciplines and how to use practical strategies to develop these skills for a successful academic life.
What topics will you cover?
– What is critical thinking?
– A model for critical thinking
– Why is critical thinking important at university?
– Challenges to thinking critically at university
– How can you improve your critical thinking?
– Outcomes of critical thinking at university
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
– Reflect on your approach and ability to think critically
– Explain what thinking critically means at university
– Identify potential challenges to thinking critically at university
– Develop strategies to improve your critical thinking skills
ENROLL IN COURSE