Learn about mobile design, development and creating mobile experiences, as well as bigger concepts related to mobile technology. In 2016, mobile use overtook desktop use. On this course, you will explore what mobile is, the growth of mobile technology and benefits associated with it.
You will discover why industry experts often refer to “mobile” as “mobility”, and you will find out about mobile products like wearable technology. You will explore what mobile design is by understanding key design concepts and development approaches which will help you to build an effective mobile app. We’ll look at why the ‘Internet of Things’ is the new mobile hot topic, and explore some of the potential security issues involved.
What topics will you cover?
Week 1: The rise in mobile technology
– What is mobility?
– The benefits of mobility
– Mobile technology growth
– Wearable technology
Week 2: Mobility in practice
– Mobile design principles
– Building mobility – core development approaches
– The Internet of Things
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
– Describe what mobility is in the context of digital
– Describe the growth of mobility and benefits associated with it
– Describe what mobile design is, including concepts such as wireframes
– Identify seven principles of good mobile app design and the importance of effective design
– Describe what the ‘Internet of Things’ is and some of the benefits associated with it
– Identify security risks related to the ‘Internet of Things’
ENROLL IN COURSE