The goal of this 4-week course is to equip learners to safely care for a patient infected with a pathogen requiring high-level biocontainment. This can be accomplished in any healthcare facility given the correct approach and protocols.
In this course, we will:
1. Discuss the essentials of intake screening.
2. Investigate pathogen transmission characteristics and the chain of infection.
3. Examine patient placement in a facility, as well as the engineering/ administrative controls.
4. Review personal protective equipment worn by the care providers.
5. Evaluate waste management and decontamination protocols.
This project was funded by the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services, Division of Public Health
ENROLL IN COURSE