Learn how developments in genomics are transforming our knowledge and treatment of conditions such as diabetes. This course introduces genomics, using the University of Exeter’s research expertise in diabetes with patient cases, to illustrate the clinical application and impact of current knowledge.
Learn about the underlying pathological mechanism of disease, different modes of inheritance, the molecular basis of inheritance and how this relates to diabetes risk, enabling the progression from genomic testing to improvements in clinical care. Strategies for gene discovery, latest laboratory techniques and interpretation of genomic data are described.
What topics will you cover?
– Why do genomics testing?
– Diagnosis and risk
– Strategies for genomic testing
– Finding new disease genes
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
– Explore the impact of genomic testing
– Develop an understanding of how genomics can inform us about disease risks
– Explore the strategies for genomic testing
– Support the learning community by sharing knowledge through discussion and debate
ENROLL IN COURSE