This accelerated 6-hour course with labs introduces AWS professionals to the core capabilities of Google Cloud Platform (GCP) in the four technology pillars: networking, compute, storage, and database. It is designed for AWS Solution Architects and SysOps Administrators familiar with AWS features and setup and want to gain experience configuring GCP products immediately. With presentations, demos, and hands-on labs, participants get details of similarities, differences, and initial how-tos quickly. If you prefer to learn fast by doing, this course is for you.
This course teaches participants the following skills:
● Identify GCP counterparts for Amazon VPC, subnets, routes, NACLs, IGW, Amazon EC2, Amazon EBS, auto-scaling, Elastic Load Balancing, Amazon S3, Amazon Glacier, Amazon RDS, Amazon Redshift, AWS IAM, and more
● Configure accounts, billing, projects, networks, subnets, firewalls, VMs, disks, auto scaling, load balancing, storage, databases, IAM, and more
● Manage and monitor applications
● Explain feature and pricing model differences
● Locate documentation and training.
To get the most of out of this course, participants should have basic proficiency with networking technologies like subnets and routing. Students are also expected to have experience with Amazon VPC, Amazon EC2 instances, and disks. Familiarity with Amazon S3 and AWS database technologies is recommended.
Who is this class for: This class is intended for 1) AWS Solution Architects just getting started with Google Cloud Platform, 2) AWS SysOps Administrators used to building IaaS solutions, and 3) Architects and Engineers operating in multi-cloud environments.
Module 1: Intro to Google Cloud Platform
Graded: GCP Infrastructure
Module 2: Setting Up Accounts and Billing
Graded: Setting Up Accounts and Billing
Module 3: Networking
Module 4: Working with VM Instances
Graded: Working with VM Instances
Module 5: Scaling and Load Balancing Apps
Graded: Scaling and Load Balancing Apps
Module 6: Isolating Instances and Apps
Graded: Isolating Instances and Apps
Module 7: Using Storage as a Service
Graded: Using Storage as a Service Quiz
Module 8: Using Database as a Service
Graded: Using Database as a Service
Module 9: Deployment and Monitoring
Graded: Deployment and Monitoring
ENROLL IN COURSE