Discover how to conduct and evaluate healthcare research, and use your findings to inform best practice and guidelines. Research is a vital part of healthcare. It underpins best practice, provides evidence for national and international guidelines, and ultimately improves outcomes for patients. This online course provides an introduction to healthcare research.
You will explore how new research pushes forward practice, considering some of the underlying assumptions that inform how research is constructed. You will look at different design approaches and methodologies used in healthcare research projects, evaluating what makes healthcare research good and helpful, and how it can be usefully applied to practice.
What topics will you cover?
– How research relates to practice
– How our assumptions shape research
– Developing researchable questions
– The research process
– Research governance
– Principles of ethics
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
– Explore the link between research and best practice in healthcare
– Investigate how practice can be enhanced by developing new research.
– Identify how underlying assumptions and philosophies inform the way we do research.
– Develop an understanding of the importance of ethical research.
– Prepare more detailed work on specific research approaches.
– Investigate how to answer your clinical or research questions.
ENROLL IN COURSE