This free three week course provides the tools you need to succeed at interviews and land your dream job or course place. Being offered an interview is exciting but can be quite daunting. On this course, our experts from The Careers Service here at The University of Sheffield will make sure you are prepared for the big day.
If you’re still at the stage of writing your CV and submitting applications for a job or course, join our course How to Succeed at: Writing Applications.
What topics will you cover?
-Preparing for interviews
Dealing with nerves
The practical details
Making your research count
Anticipating key questions
-Dealing with interviews
Creating a positive first impression
What to wear
Using your voice
Getting to grips with interview questions
Brilliant questions to ask the interviewer
-Handling different types of interview
Successful telephone and video interviews
Tests and exercises
Leaving a positive impression
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
– Improve your chances of success in getting a job or securing a place on a university course
– Apply best practice techniques to enable you to tackle interviews for jobs, apprenticeships, placements and university courses more effectively
– Identify what recruiters are looking for by researching an organisation or institution thoroughly, and identifying what skills and attributes recruiters might be looking for
– Identify what questions you may be asked at interview, and how to approach answering different types of interview questions
– Develop a better understanding of your strengths, skills and key selling points to tackle interviews with confidence
– Develop an understanding of different types of interviews, from telephone and video interviews, to non-standard interviews, and how to tackle them
ENROLL IN COURSE