Understand how big fashion retailers innovate and discover the story behind a favourite piece of your clothing. The course introduces a case study showing how Marks & Spencer has been a key innovator in fashion, introducing new fabrics that make our lives easier and more comfortable.
You will see how M&S continues to drive innovation to bring consumers new and better products. You will also consider your own clothing and its innovation story, producing and sharing with other learners your research and findings on how a favourite item of clothing is the result of innovative developments in the industry.
What topics will you cover?
– An overview of innovation: defining different types and levels
– Case study: incremental innovation at M&S
– Innovation in fashion advertising
– Fashion innovation outside the retail industry
– How to create an educational video
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
– Explore the different types of innovation and discuss examples of each.
– Identify the three levels of innovation: incremental, radical, and disruptive.
– Discuss the different types and levels of innovation in the fashion industry.
– Evaluate the way in which clothes were marketed in the 1950s compared to today.
– Explore future directions in fabric and garment innovation and discuss technologies which have impacted on innovation in the fashion industry.
– Research and report on the history and development of an item of clothing.
– Record the history and development of your chosen clothing item.
– Share and discuss your research with fellow learners.
ENROLL IN COURSE