Learn how to use cognitive psychology experiments to explore the internal workings of the mind with this online psychology course. Learn how to conduct, analyse and understand cognitive psychology experiments. Cognitive psychology is the scientific study of internal mental processes. On this course, you will be introduced to two key areas of cognitive psychology: reasoning and thinking and mental imagery.
You will explore cognitive psychology as an experimental science, as you consider the psychology of thinking and reasoning and the psychology of imagination and thinking visually. You will learn how to run an experiment, how to collect data, and understand the science behind memory and behaviour through experiments. You will also explore the effectiveness of experiments for the study of the mind.
What topics will you cover?
– Psychology as an experimental science.
– How to run an experiment in psychology
– How Psychology studies memory using experiments
– Key aspects of the Psychology of thinking and reasoning
– Key aspects of the Psychology of imagination and thinking visually
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
– Demonstrate an understanding of how the mind can be studied in a scientific way using experiments
– Develop your knowledge of the psychology of reasoning and thinking
– Demonstrate a knowledge of the psychology of mental imagery
– Perform a simple experiment in cognitive psychology
ENROLL IN COURSE