Examine the physical, cognitive and social development we undergo throughout our lives. Learn about the psychological changes that all humans go through. As humans, we experience three phases of development over our lifespan: physical, cognitive and social development. On this course, you’ll investigate the key transitions associated with these phases of development, examining the psychological changes and exploring how and why these changes happen.
You’ll also consider whether development is continuous or discontinuous and to what extent development is influenced by nature or the environment, all before you explore designs and considerations for carrying out research in the discipline of psychology.
What topics will you cover?
– Introduction to human development
– Lifespan theories
– Stages of development
– The final stage of our lifespan
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
– Explain a range of terms used in developmental psychology.
– Describe different research designs and critical considerations in developmental psychology.
– Identify some of the key transitions associated with different phases of development throughout the lifespan.
– Compare the various theories that help us understand cognitive and social development.
This course is part of the Introduction to Psychology program, which will enable you to explore psychology with the option to start a Graduate Diploma in psychology.
ENROLL IN COURSE