Find out how to conduct ethical research when working with people with this online course for academic researchers. Ensure your research is up to the highest ethical standards. On this course, you will learn the principles of ethical research, and how to manage human subject research in sensitive and appropriate ways. You will consider issues like gaining consent, making sure that personal information is handled safely, and recruiting vulnerable participants.
Research ethics is vital when conducting research with people. Non ethical research may put research subjects at risk and even jeopardise the validity of the findings. As we undertake more and more research using increasingly diverse methods like the internet, it is important to get it right the first time.
What topics will you cover?
– Research ethics: why it matters
– Recruiting your participants for your research and getting their consent
– What to consider if you are recruiting vulnerable participants
– Could your research put you or your participants at risk of harm?
– Storing personal data
– Archival and internet research
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
– Identify and evaluate key principles of ethical research.
– Apply principles of ethical research.
– Identify potential ethical issues relating to your own research.
ENROLL IN COURSE