The Learn to Analyze Educational Data and Improve your Blended and Online Teaching MOOC supports the development of the basic competences for Educational Data Analytics of Online and Blended teaching and learning. It is ideal for e-learning professionals of online and blended courses, school teachers using the flipped classroom model and university students.
The course combines theory on collecting, analysing, interpreting and using educational data (including issues related with ethics and privacy) with practice on applying educational data analytics in three different e-learning platforms, namely, Moodle, the eXact Suite and the IMC Learning Suite. It is now open for enrolments at OpenCourseWorld. It starts the 21st of October and it will last for 8 weeks leading to a free Certification of Achievement in Educational Data Literacy. The Learn2Analyze MOOC is developed with co-funding by the European Commission through the Erasmus+ Program of the European Union (Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices – Knowledge Alliances, Agreement n. 2017-2733 / 001-001, Project No 588067-EPP-1-2017-1-EL-EPPKA2-KA). The European Commission’s support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents, which reflects the views only of the authors, and the Commission will not be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
By completing this course you will:
– know where to locate useful educational data in different data sources and understand their limitations;
– know the basics for managing educational data to make them useful, understand relevant methods and be able to use relevant tools;
– know the basics for organising, analysing, interpreting and presenting learner-generated data within their learning context, understand relevant learning analytics methods and be able to use relevant learning analytics tools;
– know the basics for analysing and interpreting educational data to facilitate educational decision making, including course and curricula design, understand relevant teaching analytics methods and be able to use relevant teaching analytics tools;
– understand issues related to educational data ethics and privacy.
The learning outcomes of this course cover the set of competences anticipated by the Learn2Analyse Educational Data Literacy competence framework.
ENROLL IN COURSE