Become an effective online learner and develop your online communication skills when working with others. You are probably used to learning online on a daily basis, including turning to your phone for information rather than referring to books.
More formal online learning is likely to be important for you in the future, either at university or in the workplace. Learning online is different to learning in the classroom, it needs different skills. This course will help you to develop those skills, showing you how to learn and communicate effectively in an online environment.
What topics will you cover?
– Learning environments: an introduction to VLEs and MOOCs
– The learning journey and the differences between classroom-based and online learning
– Techniques for learning effectively online
– Using discussions to aid online learning
– Collaborating online: using wikis and other collaborative tools
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
– Assess your current level of confidence with learning online.
– Explore the online learning that is available via search engines, video channels and social media.
– Explore more formal online learning environments such as VLEs and contribute to the discussion regarding your experiences.
– Explore MOOCs, and identify the importance of the learning journey and defining personal learning goals.
– Reflect on the factors which help you to learn effectively online.
– Identify the implications of not using online communications effectively.
– Assess your knowledge of learning by video using short quizzes.
– Explore online profiles and understand how to make the most of learning discussion forums.
– Explore the value of working collaboratively with others online by contributing to online discussions.
– Explore tools such as wikis, pinboards and reports to collaborate online.
– Assess your post-course confidence with learning online by participating in the test which concludes the course.
ENROLL IN COURSE