Transform your classroom with this CPD-certified course for teachers. Support learning by building trust and improving behaviour. Enabling you to get the most from your students. With effective behaviour management in your classroom, your learners will gain as a result and you’ll enjoy your teaching more.
You’ll explore first how your behaviour influences your students’, looking at how you control emotional responses and interact with students. Then, you’ll learn techniques and develop your capability to achieve consistency in managing behaviour, recognise positive behaviour and build trust in your classroom.
You’ll be supported by experienced teachers, encouraged to actively reflect on your classroom practice, and share your experience as part of the course discussions.
What topics will you cover?
– Managing your own behaviour to influence your students’ behaviour: controlling yourself, adult behaviour and interacting with students.
– Using rules and routines to achieve consistency: routines, rules and habits.
– Intelligent use of recognition to motivate students: recognition, classroom techniques and communicating home.
– Reducing friction when students behave badly: diverting and diffusing, scripted interventions.
– Reparation and restorative practice: punishments and restoration.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
– Assess how your own behaviour influences the behaviour of your students.
– Apply rules and routines to achieve consistency.
– Apply recognition intelligently to motivate students.
– Demonstrate how to reduce friction when students behave badly.
– Develop reparation and restorative practice.
ENROLL IN COURSE