In this course you will build a practical framework to understand the critical linkages between organization design and the creation of economic value through execution.
We will focus on four critical linkages:
1. How organizational growth and life cycle require design changes to improve execution
2. How managerial decision making can be improved through better organization design
3. How the design of human resource practices shape the culture of the organization
4. How innovation and change can be facilitated through organization design
These linkages are critical in assessing how managers make sure that the organizations they design can execute the strategies they have envisioned under changing environmental conditions.
Learners will be able to answer the following:
• What are the managerial implications of organizational growth and life cycle?
• How do you improve managerial decision making through organizational design?
• How do human resource management policies shape organizational culture?
• How do organizations plan for top management succession and change?
• How do you know that your organization design is not effective?
• How do you manage organizational change and innovation?
Enhance leadership and business skills for immediate impact. Practice everyday leadership, manage people, learn and apply concepts and techniques to effectively manage organizations through organizational design, and formulate and implement strategy. Through the courses in this specialization, you will learn the fundamentals to effectively lead people and teams, manage organizations as well as tools to analyze business situations and develop strategies. The Specialization covers the strategic, human resource, and organizational foundations for creating and capturing value for sustainable competitive advantage – including how to manage people and organizations, analyze the competition, and develop strategies both within a business and across a portfolio of businesses. This Specialization is part of the University of Illinois iMBA Program. The capstone is a strategic leadership and management plan where you’ll apply what you will learn to an actual business situation with participation by one or more focal companies. The deliverable will be designed to create value from the perspective of potential employers while achieving pedagogical and experiential goals for learners. Each course in this Specialization also fulfills a portion of the requirements for a University of Illinois course that can earn you college credit!
ENROLL IN COURSE