Explore the key issues affecting nurses’ job satisfaction and practice today – from stress to changing roles and healthcare needs. Nurses play an important role in providing healthcare around the world and, in some countries, form more than 50% of the healthcare workforce. Yet, there is a global shortage with international organisations citing working conditions and image as contributing factors to nurses leaving the profession and to their initial recruitment.
This online course draws on the latest research findings and experiences of nurses from a range of countries to examine contemporary issues relevant to nurses.
What topics will you cover?
– Overview of key issues in contemporary nursing practice
– Introduction to the impact of stress on nursing
– Introduction to the impact of migration on nursing
– How economics and politics influence contemporary nursing practice
– Introduction to the impact of shortages on nursing
– Linking professionalism and image
– Inter-relationships between key issues
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
– Summarise key issues influencing contemporary nursing practice.
– Explore international issues that define nurses’ roles.
– Discuss the relationship between professionalism and image.
– Explain inter-relationships between key issues.
ENROLL IN COURSE