Build your confidence and get practical advice on launching and running a Code Club for young people. Code Club is a global network of volunteers and educators who run free coding clubs for 9- to 13-year-olds. This short course will give you the confidence and skills to run a Code Club for young people and inspire the next generation to get excited about computing and digital making.
You’ll get practical advice and tips from volunteers, teachers, and the Code Club team, and you’ll explore the free resources which Code Club provides.
What topics will you cover?
– Step-by-step guidance to get your Code Club started.
– Create an action plan to set up a Code Club.
– Design and delivering your first session with young people.
– Ideas and tips on how to motivate your learners and celebrate their achievements.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
– Learners will explore the positives of informal learning for children
– Learners will engage with digital making and our resources to support them
– Learners will design their own action plan to get a club started
– Learners will identify what makes a great Code Club
– Learners will engage with the Code Club and digital making communities
ENROLL IN COURSE