Understand how business works and performance can be improved so that you can take your business forward and manage growth. A successful business relies on processes and information systems; it is important that an entrepreneur pays close attention to how their business works and how performance can be improved so that they are in a position to take it forward and manage growth.
Whether you have an idea for a future venture or you already have a side-line business whilst studying, this course cover efficient business processes to improve productivity.
This course is the fourth in a series of six about ‘starting a business’.
What topics will you cover?
– The importance of business processes: controlling operations and technologies
– Efficient business processes: adapting processes to facilitate business growth
– How to improve productivity to meet increased demand
– Information system types within business
– The business plan: business processes and information systems
What will you achieve?
– Discuss the importance of both business processes and information systems by contributing to the course comments.
– Identify the challenges a business faces when managing growth.
– Evaluate the entrepreneur’s business challenge: How can Sophie increase productivity to meet the demands of sales?
– Identify the business processes in a business plan.
– Investigate where your business is going to operate.
– Assess who is involved in the processes.
– Using your own business idea or a company of your choice, investigate the information and systems required to track business processes.
– Record the skills required to design and run the business processes.
ENROLL IN COURSE