In this course, you learn how the agro-food value chain approaches the challenge of constantly improving its competitiveness by producing high quality food and products and also aiming to attain greater sustainability.
Some of the topics of this course are:
• The notion of quality for food and agricultural products and consumer value.
• How to conduct market research in this field.
• Labelling, branding and pricing strategies, as-well as innovation in the agro-food sector.
• How sustainability can be used as a competitive advantage through corporate social responsibility.
• The role and different types of industrial standards.
• The different forms of coordination in the chain, in particular with regard to the retailing and distribution sector.
This course is taught by a group of international experts from Universities in Italy, Germany, Ireland, Scotland and the Netherlands. Each of them will give you insights into a specific topic related to food quality and the organization of the agro-food value chains.
Who is this class for: This course is primarily aimed at economics and life science students at an advanced bachelor’s level or introductory master’s level and professionals interested in the agro-food value chains.
ENROLL IN COURSE