Explore the role and benefits of antifungal stewardship on this online course for healthcare professionals. Learn how fungi can cause disease and explore effective forms of treatment. Fungal diseases affect millions of people worldwide each year. Antifungal stewardship helps ensure antifungal agents are prescribed correctly to achieve the best patient outcome.
On this course, you will investigate the benefits of antifungal stewardship through case studies that feature successful strategies. You will cover basic mycology and common fungal diseases as well as look at ways to treat fungal diseases like candidemia. By completing this course, you will be able to use your knowledge in a clinical setting.
What topics will you cover?
This course will cover:
– Basic Mycology and outline common fungal diseases;
– Cover common fungal diseases, splitting into yeasts (Candida) and moulds (Aspergillus);
– Illustrate, through cases, the clinical approach to fungal diseases with stewardship implications
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
– Describe what the main antifungal agents and their clinical implications are and when therapeutic drug monitoring is indicated
– Develop a good basic understanding of common fungal diseases
– Develop knowledge of the diagnostic approaches used to diagnose fungal infections and be aware of their limitations
– Describe how infection prevention can help reduce the incidence of fungal diseases, and prevent the spread of antifungal resistance
– Explore antifungal stewardship and illustrate, through cases, how antifungal stewardship can be used to improve prescribing and patient care
ENROLL IN COURSE