Explore the key concepts of quantum computing and find out how it’s changing computer science with this introductory course. In this course, we will discuss the motivation for building quantum computers, cover the important principles in quantum computing, and take a look at some of the important quantum computing algorithms.
We will finish with a brief look at quantum computing hardware and the budding quantum information technology industry.
Key concepts will be explained graphically, with minimal mathematics required.
What topics will you cover?
– Waves and interference
– Quantum superposition and entanglement
– Computational complexity
– The quantum Fourier transform
– Shor’s algorithm for factoring large numbers
– Quantum chemistry and machine learning
– Physical phenomena as quantum bits (qubits)
– Quantum computing hardware
– Quantum error correction
-The quantum information technology industry
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
– Describe a few key applications of quantum computing
– Explain the role of quantum computing in the future and recognize the role of Moore’s Law in the future of computing
– Prepare for a mathematical course in quantum information concepts
– Explore the value proposition in available and forthcoming quantum information technology products
– Identify the importance of quantum superposition, entanglement and interference in quantum algorithms
ENROLL IN COURSE